3575 N Craycroft Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718
In the parking lot
Let’s have a social ride to Catalina State Park mostly on bike paths with a few miles on roads to keep the distance at 45 miles. Riders are strongly encouraged to maintain speeds with an expected 14 mph average at the end of the ride.
• Pace: C pace – end of ride average 12 – 14
• Terrain: It’s about as flat as Tucson gets – all on trail
• Start Time: Wheels rolling at 9 am. Come early for meet & greet
• Traffic: almost none – we do go on the road for a couple of short stretches
• Ride Type: Social – No Drop
• Route: Click Here.
• Ride Coordinator : Wayne Cullop, (520)[masked]
• Appropriate food & fluids for a ride with many stops for water & food
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent us well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep