7200 E Tanque Verde Rd
Tucson, AZ 85715
Main parking in front of rec center
This ride is for those riding to the ride start for the Sonoita Bisbee Overnight supported ride.
Many of us are staying at Xanadu Ranch, some are staying at Dwayne’s house (see Pot Luck Post) and others may select another place in Sonoita. Most of us will attend the GABA pre ride potluck held Friday evening.
Please arrange to leave your bag at Steve’s house prior to leaving on Friday and Barb will transport them to Sonoita in our van.
Please send Steve your direct email and phone so that we can connect and discuss logistics & lodging arrangements. [masked]
• Pace: 15 typical cruising speed – no rush to arrive
• Terrain: 3500 ft gain
• Start Time: Wheels rolling at 9:00 am
• Traffic: Low traffic high speed and no shoulder – BE OK with that!
• Ride Type: Social Regroup (all intersections & hilltops)
• Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18492904
• Ride Coordinator : Steve Watts [masked]
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 5 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent us well.
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep