TUCSON – AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY RIDE, Bike Arizona –
Meet in front of Performance Bicycle
This ride is hosted by GABA and Performance Bicycle.
The ride is a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. There is a $3 optional donation for the ride and you will receive a pink wristband to show your support for breast cancer research. Performance Bicycle will match the money raised up to $10,000. This will be a social ride covering 19 miles. For a route map go to https://ridewithgps.com/routes/16892468
There will be snacks offered after the ride at Performance Bicycle.
This will be a C paced ride (rolling average of 12-14) covering 19 miles. This is a social ride, lots of conversations, and regroupings we will not drop anyone.
Ride Coordinator: Bob Willman, Anna Caterina Lisk
• Food & fluids for 2 hours –
• Bring a tube/patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• CPSC approved helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
If you are riding on this ride I ask that you agree that:
• You will obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and will therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• You will represent GABA well.
• While on the Loop, you will respect others on the Loop. You will take care when passing pedestrians and other cyclists: ring your bell or call out “Passing” or “Good morning!” before passing
• This is not a “training” or “intensive” ride – this is a social, no drop, base building ride.
• If any of these standards are unclear, you will ask for clarification.