7200 E Tanque Verde Rd
Tucson, AZ 85715
We will meet at the east end of the parking lot along Tanque Verde Rd.
Join Rich & Ike as we cycle the bicycle loop. We’ll meet at the east end of the parking lot of Udall Park along Tanque Verde at 8:00 AM for our ride around Tucson via The Loop Bike paths. Please, no ear buds on this ride. The average end-of-ride pace will be 15-16 MPH for the 57 mile ride. We will make our way to Rita Rd via Tanque Verde, Pio Decimo, Pima, Grady, Speedway and onto the Pantano Bike Path. We will continue south on the new Harrison Greenway bike path to Rita Rd and onto the Julian Wash Bike Path. We’ll take a quick restroom break at Kolb Rd before we continue west on the path until we pick up the Santa Cruz River Bike Path. There is a nice park along the bike path to take our next short break for snacks and a restroom visit. We will then head north to the Rillito River Bike Path which will take us east to the end of the path at Craycroft and River Rd. and a short break. From there we will ride back to Udall Park via River Rd, Sabino Canyon and Tanque Verde or take Craycroft to Glenn, to Sahuara, to Pima then onto Tanque Verde and back to Udall Park.
See map and cue sheet at: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17679650
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 4 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent us well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep