100 South Avenida del Convento
Tucson, AZ 85745
- Please come a little early for Meet and Greet and Sign in.
This is a lady’s Training Ride with plenty of re-grouping.
• Pace: Your speed will be determined by your own climbing speed.
• Terrain: 4 – Just one, which we will do over and over and …
• Start Time: Wheels Rolling at 8:00 a.m.
• Ride Type: Re-Group and Training
• Distance: Your distance will depend upon number of A’s you climb. Each lap is about a mile long.
Ride Coordinator: Carolyn and Karen
Hey ladies come join us every Thursday for our neighborhood ladies ride. Our ride leaders Karen & Carolyn bring you a friendly low intensity environment with all the fun of a group ride except this one is just for the girls.
Suggested by Kathleen Bober: For those of us that suck wind when climbing this is the no drop practice that we need. Everyone can play. We meet at the Mercado San Augustin near the base of the hill. As a warm-up, we ride slowly to where the road around the hill becomes one way traffic. At that point we start our time and ride for 1 hour. We individually keep track of our progress in hive many laps of A mtn we can do in that hour. After the ride we meet back at the Mercado for lunch & social. Let’s bring up our GPA and earn more A’s! Don’t forget you’ll also earn your store discount, as well.
NOTE: This ride is also co-listed under Performance Great Ride Series: Speedway.
Check your tire pressure and brakes; before each ride. ABC Quick checks.
• Appropriate food and water for about 2 to 3 hours. We can stop to refill along the route.
• Bring a spare tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times.
• Obey all traffic laws and remember you’re a representative of the greater cycling community. Ride Types:
• Social- No Drop- We ride together two abreast where conditions permit.
• Re Group- We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route.
• Training Ride- The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient.
Please select a ride where you are confident and that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12 mph
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep