Functioning, fully charged, front and rear lights are a MUST!
• Average Pace: 10-12 for 10 miles
• Terrain: hilly
• Start Time: Wheels rolling at 7:00 PM
• Traffic: light
• Ride Type: Social
• Route: Sabino Canyon Park road
• Map Link: Sabino Canyon Full Moon Ride
• Ride Coordinator :Bob Willman at (520)[masked]
• Ride Description: We will meet at Risky Business on the SW corner of Kolb and Sunrise. We will ride to Sabino Canyon Park and ride to the top, enjoy the views, socialize then ride back to Risky Business. This a casual ride it will be a SLOW pace up the hill and a very slow pace down.
• Functioning, fully charged, front and rear lights are a MUST!
• Appropriate fluids for about 1.5 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent us well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep